Re: Squirrelmail 1.4.23-SVN Functionality

On Sat, November 20, 2021 1:39 am, Jay Hart wrote:
> A few notes below on the first issues I noted with the interface.  I
> disabled the 'preview-pane' plugin and resolved most of the issues.
> I'll show which ones below.  I don't use 'preview-pane' view, so it
> appears this plugin was still having some effect on the interface just
> by being loaded/enabled in the ./conf.pl config, with no options checked
> in the display settings..

It comes with patches for full installation, that could easily be the
problem.  An updated version of this is also available offlist.

> The problem with patching is it appears the fact these plugins have
> 'newer' file stamps, is causing patch to say the files don't exist.

Nothing to do with date stamps.  It's a file path problem.  You can just
copy/type in the file path that is given just above and it should work or
IIRC run the patch command like so (from the directory of whatever plugin
it is that you are patching for):

patch -d ../../ -p2 < patches/xxxx.diff

You may need to fiddle with the options until you get it right.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team

-----