Re: Squirrelmail 1.4.23-SVN Functionality

A few notes below on the first issues I noted with the interface.  I disabled the 'preview-pane' plugin and resolved most of the issues.
I'll show which ones below.  I don't use 'preview-pane' view, so it appears this plugin was still having some effect on the interface just
by being loaded/enabled in the ./conf.pl config, with no options checked in the display settings..

> Installed the above version dated 11.17.2021 and have it working. I am missing functionality in the interface and am wondering if this
might be due to not being able to patch a few of the plugins. Using this version ^^above^^, do the following plugins need to be
patched????: - msg_flags
> - reply_button
> - multiple_attachments

> I have the following plugins installed:
> add_address, calendar, demo, html_mail, jump_to_folder, msg_flags, sent_subfolders, squirrelspell, administrator compatibility, filters,
image_buttons, listcommands, multiple_attachments, reply_buttons, show_headers, test advanced_settings, compose_extras, folder_sizes,
mail_fetch, newmail, select_range, spamcop, translate, bug_report delete_move_next, fortune, info, message_details, preview_pane,
sent_confirmation, squirrel_logger, and view_as_html Not all these plugins are active...

> I can't see my interface issues being a result of the three plugins I can't patch. I also am missing the following functionality: *Note:
These are differences between 1.4.22 and 1.4.23-SVN, but I can't see the bulk of them being that most different between the two versions.

The problem with patching is it appears the fact these plugins have 'newer' file stamps, is causing patch to say the files don't exist.

Here is what I see when trying to patch msg_flags:

[root@dream msg_flags]# patch -p0 < patches/msg_flags-squirrelmail-1.4.20.diff
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|--- ../../functions/mailbox_display.php.orig   2008-02-10 08:49:47.000000000 -0800
|+++ ../../functions/mailbox_display.php        2008-06-11 06:41:00.000000000 -0700
--------------------------
File to patch:

I am NO EXPERT here, looking for assistance on how to resolve, if I need too!

> 1. When viewing a folder/directory, I am missing the "Thread View" option .

Disabling preview_pane did not resolve this issue. If there if a config option I can't find one.

> 2. I can only reply to an email if I am viewing a Message List (folder/directory). Click the 'select' box and hit reply or reply all.

Disabling preview_pane resolved this issue.  I now have the ability to reply/forward an email when viewing it.

> 3. When I am viewing an email, I do not have the ability to 'Forward', 'Forward as Attachment', 'Reply', or 'Reply all'. The button
options which should be on the top right of the message are not there.  I can't think of a reason these would be missing from an updated
version of Squirrelmail.  They are important...

Disabling preview_pane resolved this issue.  I now have the ability to reply/forward an email when viewing it.

> 4. I also do not have the ability to cancel an email being edited. That button/option is also missing if it is supposed to exist.  Have
> just go select a folder to cancel out of the email...

Disabling preview_pane did not resolve this issue.  Same process as before to back out of editing an email is to click on another
folder/option.

On further investigation, this fixed itself.  Baffling...

> 5. When viewing an email in a message list, the options above the header field are missing the 'Previous' and 'Next' options. I do have
'Previous and Delete', 'Unread & Prev', Unread & Next', and' Delete & Next'.  Doesn't matter if the email is the first, last, or in the
middle of the list, no 'previous' or 'next' options...

Disabling preview_pane resolved this issue.  Those showed up when I disabled preview_pane, logged out, and logged back in.

> 6. When viewing an email, I don't have the "Message List" option to click on to go back to the message list.  I have to go select the
message list/folder on the left frame again to work around this.

Disabling preview_pane resolved this issue.  I now have the message list again when preview_pane was disabled.

> 7.  Here is a copy of my configtest results:
> SquirrelMail version:	1.4.23 [SVN]
> Config file version:	1.4.0
> Config file last modified:	19 November 2021 19:57:25
> Checking PHP configuration...
>     PHP version 7.3.33 OK.
>     Running as N/A(N/A) / N/A(N/A)
>     display_errors:
>     error_reporting: 22527
>     variables_order OK: GPCS.
>     PHP extensions OK. Dynamic loading is disabled.
> Checking paths...
>     Data dir OK.
>     Attachment dir OK.
>     Plugins OK.
>     Themes OK.
>     Default language OK.
>     Base URL detected as: https://X.X.X.X/webmail/src (location base autodetected)
> Checking outgoing mail service....
>     SMTP server OK (220 dream.kevla.org ESMTP)
> Checking IMAP service....
>     IMAP server ready (* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE LITERAL+ STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN]
Dovecot
> ready.)
>     Capabilities: * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE LITERAL+ STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN
> Checking internationalization (i18n) settings...
>      gettext - Gettext functions are available. On some systems you must have appropriate system locales compiled. mbstring - Mbstring
functions are available.
>      recode - Recode functions are unavailable.
>      iconv - Iconv functions are available.
>      timezone - Webmail users can change their time zone settings.
> Checking database functions...
>     not using database functionality.
> Congratulations, your SquirrelMail setup looks fine to me!
> 8. I do have some errors in the PHP log:
> PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): Peer certificate CN=`kevla.org' did not match expected CN=`localhost' in /usr/share/squirrelmail.1423/src/c
onfigtest.php on line 454
> PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): Failed to enable crypto in /usr/share/squirrelmail.1423/src/configtest.php on line 454 PHP Warning:
fsockopen(): unable to connect to ssl://localhost:993 (Unknown error) in /usr/share/squirrelmail.1423/src/configtest.php
>  on line 454
> PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): Peer certificate CN=`kevla.org' did not match expected CN=`localhost' in /usr/share/squirrelmail.1423/src/c
onfigtest.php on line 454
> PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): Failed to enable crypto in /usr/share/squirrelmail.1423/src/configtest.php on line 454 PHP Warning:
fsockopen(): unable to connect to ssl://localhost:993 (Unknown error) in /usr/share/squirrelmail.1423/src/configtest.php
>  on line 454
> PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong
version number in /usr/share/squirrelmail.1423/src/configtest.php on line 454 PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): Failed to enable crypto in
/usr/share/squirrelmail.1423/src/configtest.php on line 454 PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): unable to connect to ssl://localhost:143 (Unknown
variable: output in /usr/share/squirrelmail.1423/plugins/multiple_attachments/functions.php on line 119 -----
> squirrelmail-users mailing list
> List address: squirrelmail-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----