Re: Squirrelmail 1.4.23-SVN Functionality

> Using this version ^^above^^, do the following plugins need to be
> patched????:
> - reply_button

Nope

> - msg_flags
> - multiple_attachments

There are unpublished updates for these (contact me offlist if you want to
try them) but I think the existing ones still work fine.

> I have the following plugins installed:
> add_address, calendar, demo, html_mail, jump_to_folder, msg_flags,
> sent_subfolders, squirrelspell, administrator
> compatibility, filters, image_buttons, listcommands, multiple_attachments,
> reply_buttons, show_headers, test
> advanced_settings, compose_extras, folder_sizes, mail_fetch, newmail,
> select_range, spamcop, translate, bug_report
> delete_move_next, fortune, info, message_details, preview_pane,
> sent_confirmation, squirrel_logger, and view_as_html
>
> Not all these plugins are active...

Best to list active plugins (and versions) if you are seeing bugs and
think they are to blame.  Or just remove them all and add them one at a
time.

> I can't see my interface issues being a result of the three plugins I
> can't patch.

What do you mean by "can't patch?"

> 1. When viewing a folder/directory, I am missing the "Thread View" option

Check these:
$allow_thread_sort
$allow_server_sort

> 2. I can only reply to an email if I am viewing a Message List
> (folder/directory). Click the 'select' box and hit reply or reply all.

That's not a description of a problem.  Sounds like it's a description of
the Reply Buttons plugin

> 3. When I am viewing an email, I do not have the ability to 'Forward',
> 'Forward as Attachment', 'Reply', or 'Reply all'. The button
> options which should be on the top right of the message are not there.  I
> can't think of a reason these would be missing from an updated
> version of Squirrelmail.  They are important...

Disable all your plugins and try again.  Sounds like maybe a patch you
applied might have done something it shouldn't have.  If you don't want to
undo all your patches (msg_flags for example), just install a fresh
tarball in a parallel directory and copy over the config file.

> 4. I also do not have the ability to cancel an email being edited. That
> button/option is also missing if it is supposed to exist.  Have to
> just go select a folder to cancel out of the email...

That is provided by the Quick Save plugin (new unpublished version of that
is available offlist too)

> 5. When viewing an email in a message list, the options above the header
> field are missing the 'Previous' and 'Next' options. I do have
> 'Previous and Delete', 'Unread & Prev', Unread & Next', and' Delete &
> Next'.  Doesn't matter if the email is the first, last, or in the
> middle of the list, no 'previous' or 'next' options...

Sounds like the same problem as number 3 above.  Maybe the
delete_move_next plugin is the wrong version or it got erroneously
patched.  Make sure to use the version that comes with SM

> 6. When viewing an email, I don't have the "Message List" option to click
> on to go back to the message list.  I have to go select the
> message list/folder on the left frame again to work around this.

Sounds like the same issue here too

> [...]
> Checking PHP configuration...
>     PHP version 7.3.33 OK.
>     Running as N/A(N/A) / N/A(N/A)
>     display_errors:
>     error_reporting: 22527
>     variables_order OK: GPCS.
>     PHP extensions OK. Dynamic loading is disabled.
> Checking paths...
>     Data dir OK.
>     Attachment dir OK.
>     Plugins OK.
>     Themes OK.
>     Default language OK.
>     Base URL detected as: https://X.X.X.X/webmail/src (location base
> autodetected)
> Checking outgoing mail service....
>     SMTP server OK (220 dream.kevla.org ESMTP)
> Checking IMAP service....
>     IMAP server ready (* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS
> ID ENABLE IDLE LITERAL+ STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot
> ready.)
>     Capabilities: * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
> IDLE LITERAL+ STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN
> Checking internationalization (i18n) settings...
>      gettext - Gettext functions are available. On some systems you must
> have appropriate system locales compiled.
>      mbstring - Mbstring functions are available.
>      recode - Recode functions are unavailable.
>      iconv - Iconv functions are available.
>      timezone - Webmail users can change their time zone settings.
> Checking database functions...
>     not using database functionality.
>
> Congratulations, your SquirrelMail setup looks fine to me!
>
> 8. I do have some errors in the PHP log:
> PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): Peer certificate CN=`kevla.org' did not match
> expected CN=`localhost' in /usr/share/squirrelmail.1423/src/c
> onfigtest.php on line 454
>
> PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): Failed to enable crypto in
> /usr/share/squirrelmail.1423/src/configtest.php on line 454
>
> PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): unable to connect to ssl://localhost:993
> (Unknown error) in /usr/share/squirrelmail.1423/src/configtest.php
>  on line 454
>
> PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): Peer certificate CN=`kevla.org' did not match
> expected CN=`localhost' in /usr/share/squirrelmail.1423/src/c
> onfigtest.php on line 454
>
> PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): Failed to enable crypto in
> /usr/share/squirrelmail.1423/src/configtest.php on line 454
>
> PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): unable to connect to ssl://localhost:993
> (Unknown error) in /usr/share/squirrelmail.1423/src/configtest.php
>  on line 454
>
> PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error
> messages:
> error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number in
> /usr/share/squirrelmail.1423/src/configtest.php on line 454
>
> PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): Failed to enable crypto in
> /usr/share/squirrelmail.1423/src/configtest.php on line 454
>
> PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): unable to connect to ssl://localhost:143
> (Unknown error) in /usr/share/squirrelmail.1423/src/configtest.php

Those are all from configtest as it tries to learn about your system.  If
they don't show up under normal usage, I'd ignore.

> PHP Warning:  A non-numeric value encountered in
> /usr/share/squirrelmail.1423/functions/date.php on line 91

This happens when?  Can you get the input or other data related to how
this happens?

> PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: output in
> /usr/share/squirrelmail.1423/plugins/multiple_attachments/functions.php on
> line 119

Inconsequential notice that is fixed in newer version of the plugin

Cheers,
--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team