Re: Squirrelmail 1.4.23-SVN Functionality

> On Sat, November 20, 2021 1:39 am, Jay Hart wrote:
>> A few notes below on the first issues I noted with the interface.  I
>> disabled the 'preview-pane' plugin and resolved most of the issues.
>> I'll show which ones below.  I don't use 'preview-pane' view, so it
>> appears this plugin was still having some effect on the interface just
>> by being loaded/enabled in the ./conf.pl config, with no options checked
>> in the display settings..
>
> It comes with patches for full installation, that could easily be the
> problem.  An updated version of this is also available offlist.
>
>> The problem with patching is it appears the fact these plugins have
>> 'newer' file stamps, is causing patch to say the files don't exist.
>
> Nothing to do with date stamps.  It's a file path problem.  You can just
> copy/type in the file path that is given just above and it should work or
> IIRC run the patch command like so (from the directory of whatever plugin
> it is that you are patching for):
>
> patch -d ../../ -p2 < patches/xxxx.diff
>
> You may need to fiddle with the options until you get it right.

This appeared to run better, but I ended up with this:

[root@dream msg_flags]# patch -d ../../ -p2 < patches/msg_flags-squirrelmail-1.4.20.diff
patching file functions/mailbox_display.php
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]

What do I want to do here???

This was the version of the msg_flags plugin I downloaded:
msg_flags-1.4.20-1.4.3.tar.gz

Sounds like I don't 'need' to patch?  Should select 'n'??

Jay

>> Here is what I see when trying to patch msg_flags:
>>
>> [root@dream msg_flags]# patch -p0 <
>> patches/msg_flags-squirrelmail-1.4.20.diff
>> can't find file to patch at input line 3
>> Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
>> The text leading up to this was:
>> --------------------------
>> |--- ../../functions/mailbox_display.php.orig   2008-02-10
>> 08:49:47.000000000 -0800
>> |+++ ../../functions/mailbox_display.php        2008-06-11
>> 06:41:00.000000000 -0700
>> --------------------------
>> File to patch:
>>
>> I am NO EXPERT here, looking for assistance on how to resolve, if I need
>> too!
>
> --
> Paul Lesniewski
> SquirrelMail Team
> Please support Open Source Software by donating to SquirrelMail!
> http://squirrelmail.org/donate_paul_lesniewski.php
>

> -----
> squirrelmail-users mailing list
> List address: squirrelmail-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx