Re: Translation issue

Your email is almost unreadable. I don't know how you configured
SquirrelMail to munge the reply history so badly, but you should look
into it.

On 2016年12月15日 07:10, "Andrés Chandía" wrote:

> On 2016年12月14日 05:50, "Andrés Chandía"
> wrote: >  >  > Hi there, I'm trying to add new translation pairs to an already existent
> translations set, > actually in Spanish. So, to the
> "squirrelmail.po" I have added for instance: >
>  > msgid "Move All" > msgstr "Mover todo" >
>> then I run > the command:
>>  > msgfmt -o squirrelmail.mo
> squirrelmail.po >  > But in
> the end > the expresion never appears translated at the mail
> interface... any advice?  Sounds like you're translating a string that belongs to the
> Move All Messages plugin. You shouldn't add strings at random to the main po(t) file; find the
> string you're looking to translate amongst the po files we provide and go from there.  If you
> think the string is missing, that's another question.
>
> Thanks, that helped me with the translation of the "Move All Messages" and
> "Notes" plugins, but how do I manage those plugins which don't even mentions things
> about translation or locale like: "Notify", "Small Cal" or "To
> Do". For Small Call there is a "smallcal.po" file at the
> "squirrelmail/locale/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES" directory, but does not works...

I don't know why you are bothering with Small Cal -- I believe it's
designated as obsolete.  Any plugins that don't use their own locale can
be translated by adding strings to the main squirrelmail locale as a
temporary measure.  Be weary of plugins that old.

> By the way, there are no good instructions on how to translate plugins, so I would like to
> contribute with some:

I think there are if you look at the plugin author's guide. It's also
possible that you are not working from the most up to date translation
data. Please get a SVN snapshot of the all-locales/all-versions package
from the download page.

> Notes: I will give examples for Spnish language (es_ES),
> change accordingly.
> Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â  Where it says
> "plugin" replace for the actual plugin name.
> 1. Go to your plugin folder
> and do next command: « grep -r "local" . » This will show you where
> should the locale files be placed for this plugin.
> 2. If the previous command shows you
> this line: « bindtextdomain('plugin', SM_PATH . 'locale'); » it means that you
> have to place your .po file at « squirrelmail/locale/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES/plugin.po
> 2.1 If the command shows you something like: « bindtextdomain('plugin', SM_PATH .
> 'plugins/plugin/locale'); » it means that you have to put your .po file in the
> "locale" directory inside your "plugin" directory, where you have to have
> or create the structure: "es_ES/LC_MESSAGES/",
> 3. Look for the .po or .pot
> file provided by the plugin and copy it to the adequate location (2 or 2.1).
> 4. cd to the
> directory containing the .po file, edit it and change the line "Content-Type: text/plain;
> charset=CHARSET\n" to "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15\n" (or the
> character set that fits your squirrelmail language setting).
> 5. Add the the translations
> pairs (msgid / msgstr) and save.
> 6. Check the character codification of your .po file:
> « file -b  plugin.po »
> 6. 1. If you need, convert the file encoding like
> this: « iconv -f UTF-8 -t ISO-8859-15 plugin.po > plugin.po.iso »
> 7.
> « mv plugin.po.iso plugin.po »
> 8. finally binarize your .po file: «
> msgfmt -o plugin.mo plugin.po »