Re: Login Error

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 11:47 PM, Tomas Kuliavas
<tokul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2011.04.15 03:31 Travis Moe raÅÄ:
>> First off Paul, as mentioned earlier, email was working perfectly fine
>> yesterday. ÂThere were no changes made by anyone (unless someone
>> magically hacked into my email) in the past 24 hours ÂI have been
>> unable to login to my email all day today and other email accounts
>> have been unaccessable today as well, giving the same "uknown user or
>> password" error message.
>
> You might not change a thing, but file systems are not made of rubber and
> partition which stores files used for authentication can be overloaded.

Why does this happen?  How can it be avoided in the future?

>> Using squirrelmail has been nothing but an absolute nightmare. ÂOne
>> day things will work, the next day it won't with access being an
>> issue, getting error messages when trying to send messages, running
>> extremely slow, and so on. ÂThe system is a joke and anytime I look
>> for assistance, it's near impossible to find and no one cares.
>
> I don't think that you ever looked for assistance here. It is your first
> post on mailing list.
>
>> With a lot of luck, maybe squirrelmail will "miraculously" work all of
>> a sudden again as in the past and I can access my email. Until then,
>> I'll be looking for new website hosters who use a professional email
>> service and not some mickey mouse program that works 50% of the time.
>
> If you don't maintain your webmail or don't setup it correctly or run it
> on inadequate hardware, why do you blame webmail software for your
> problems.

Squirrelmail was integrated into my webhosting that I pay for monthly.
 It has nothing to do with my hardware capabilities.  It was setup
properly as I have had this same email for 2 years.  It just suddenly
disallowed access.  No changes have been made at all on my end, I
don't see why this would be my fault.  Funny how everyone is quick to
say it is but can't provide a solution.

> --
> Tomas

Travis Moe, B.Comm