Re: squirrelmail can not list folders

Michelle Konzack <michelle.konzack <at> tamay-dogan.net> writes:

> Hello Tomas,
>
> Am 2010-07-02 00:21:07, hacktest Du folgendes herunter:
> > SquirrelMail executes over 8500 IMAP commands when it creates your mailbox
> > listing. If user has more than 20 folders, doing 2 commands and parsing
> > results in PHP is more efficient. If you want more precise results, I can do
> > same thing that I've done couple of years ago and show you the difference.
>
> This is what I do not  understand  in  squirelmail,  because  if  I  use
> "php5-imap" in my intranet setup I have not to use courierimap subscribe
> because I can list my whole IMAP account with its  nearly  1800  folders
> faster then the hell...
>
> I think, this part of squirrelmail should realy rewritten.

The fact that SquirrelMail does not use PHP IMAP extension reduces dependency on
PHP and allows better control of IMAP commands. Quality and features provided by
PHP IMAP extension can vary between different PHP versions. Bigger webmail
packages don't use PHP IMAP extension for a good reason.

Please answer questions in my other email. php version. memory_limit,
display_errors, error_reporting, pcre.backtrack_limit and pcre.recursion_limit.
opcache extensions. anomalies in courierimapsubscribed. Check if server side
sorting is enabled in SquirrelMail and check size of user's .pref file.

SquirrelMail can load src/folders.php with 2000+ mailboxes in 10-15 seconds.
Both Courier and Dovecot have similar performance. Left listing takes 20 seconds
(+ time required for transfer of 500KB file), if folders are not collapsed and
we ignore Courier's EXAMINE/SELECT performance differences on larger mailboxes.
Peak memory usage is below default PHP memory limit. I could exceed default PHP
memory limit only in unoptimized setup.

How big your courierimapsubscribed was? Mine is less than 32KB. How big is your
src/folders.php page, if you save it on your computer?

--
Tomas