Re: squirrelmail can not list folders

Karl Pearson wrote:

> On Thu, July 1, 2010 12:24 am, Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
>>

>> Karl Pearson wrote:

>> You use unread email notifications only on inbox or on all folders?
>
> I use unread email notifications on ALL folders, and unlike my wife, I
> have over 8500 folders in my ~/mail folders though I don't have nearly as
> many emails as she does.

SquirrelMail executes over 8500 IMAP commands when it creates your mailbox
listing. If user has more than 20 folders, doing 2 commands and parsing
results in PHP is more efficient. If you want more precise results, I can do
same thing that I've done couple of years ago and show you the difference.

Dovecot has persistent cache and Courier does not have one. Dovecot has edge
over Courier only if original poster has notifications enabled on all
folders. Otherwise mailbox listing timeouts or hits memory limits in his
setup.