Re: German Translation brocken?

Thomas Vasiliadis.de wrote:

> Am Mo, 8.02.2010, 16:04 schrieb Tomas Kuliavas
>> Check SquirrelMail translation statistics
>> (http://l10n-stats.squirrelmail.org/SM-1_4_18/de_DE/index.php). If plugin
>>  is in squirrelmail section, translations are stored in
>> locale/*/LC_MESSAGES/. If it is in plugins, translations are in
>> plugins/plugin-name/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES. If plugin is in extra section,
>> translation is broken.
>
> I checked the list linked above to download the po files for all of my
> plugins.
> For the notes plugin it worked fine (btw. there is 1 mistranslating.
> "Notes" will be "Notizen" not "Notiz", if you like, you can find the
> updated file http://vasiliadis.de/sm/notes.po and
> http://vasiliadis.de/sm//notes.mo).
> I startet with the add_adress Plugin. After several tries I found, that
> the strings are hardcoded in plugins\add_address\functions.php.
> I fixed it to my users by hardcoding it in german, but this won't help
> anybody else...
> Is there anything I can do to help to get this problem solved?
>
>> "Select the IMAP commands ..." string is not translatable. info plugin is
>>  only partially translated. This plugin is for testing and developers.
>> Your users don't need it.
> I know this, but it was untranslatet in sm.po and i knew where to look, so
> I tried this one :-)
> But, if it is untranslatable, why put the sting in the po file?

Some SquirrelMail translations combine 1.5.x and 1.4.x strings. info plugin
is translatable in 1.5.x branch. If you merge your German translation with
SquirrelMail 1.4.19 template (po\squirrelmail.pot), number of strings is
smaller and you don't see 1.5.x strings.

If you want to fix add_address problems, contact plugin developer and ask
him to fix his stuff.

--
Tomas