Re: German Translation brocken?

Am Mi, 3.02.2010, 06:21 schrieb Tomas Kuliavas:
> Thomas Vasiliadis.de wrote:
>>
>> Hallo,
>>
>> Im running SM 1.4.19 mainly for German Users.
>> Some Strings are displayed in English, so I startet to do the
>> translation
>> myself.
>> The String "Add to Addressbook" is displayd in English but I found the
>> string  was allready translated both at squirrelmail.po and
>> abook_import_export.po.
>> Why?
>> What did I wrong?
>> I understood, English Strings will only be displayed as default if
>> there
>> is no translation in both the plugin and the SM language file.
>> Is this right?
>>

> After you update .po file you must recompile .mo file. If you have PHP
> with
> gettext support, translations are read from binary .mo files. If I
> remember
> correctly, PoEdit has menu option which compiles translation. In some
> cases
> you must restart web service after you recompile translations.
>
> If recompilation of .mo files does not fix the issue, you should show
> where
> exactly this "Add to Addressbook" text is displayed and show your
> squirrelmail.po file.

I tried to manipulate the files

\locale\de_DE\LC_MESSAGES\squirrelmail.po and
\plugins\notes\locale\notes.po

Poedit compiles the .mo files automaticaly.

Some strings can be changed (e.G. "Unthread View" of the overview frame)
other not (e.G. "Select the IMAP commands you would like to run. " of the
IMAP server information Plugin or the "Rewrap" Button of the compose
screen).
Can someone tell me why?
I understood, that SM takes the translations first from the Plugin's local
folder, second from the local folder of SM and last from the
squirrelmail.po file.
Is this correct?

I tried to copy the notes.mo in the following folders:
\plugins\notes\locale
\plugins\notes\locale\de_DE
\locale\de_DE\LC_MESSAGES
no result.

I tried to enclose both po and mo files, but the mail was not checked by
an administrator by now, so I send this mail without the files.
If someone would like to see this files or use the notes file to update
the translation pool, I will send the needet files to your emailadress.

thank you