Pass through auth to SquirrelMail

SquirrelMail Version : 1.4.8
Plugins : default install plugins - no additions or subtractions
PHP 5.1.6
Apache 2.2.3
Dovecot 1.0.7
Postfix 2.3.3
Linux webmail 2.6.18-128.el5 #1 SMP Wed Dec 17 11:42:39 EST 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux - Rhel 5.4
SquirrelMail installed via YUM

Hello. I'm trying to tie squirrelmail into our LDAP/RSA environment for auth. I have dovecot working via pam with rsa and was hoping I could use mod_auth_imap http://ben.brillat.net/projects/mod_auth_imap/ as noted in the squirrelmail documentation to pass auth duties to dovecot.

My problem is this, when I enable the mod_auth_imap for the /usr/share/squirrelmail dir I can auth and login but I am presented with the squirrelmail login page defetaing the purpose of mod_auth_imap. Ive tried going direclty to webmail.php but that still redirects to the login page even after I auth via mod_auth_imap. Any ideas?

Also another general question. Is it possible to have pass through auth to squirrelmail so I can use something like http://www.rsa.com/node.aspx?id=2800 the RSA Apache module?

Thanks!