Re: German Translation brocken?

Am Mo, 8.02.2010, 16:04 schrieb Tomas Kuliavas:
> Thomas Vasiliadis.de wrote:

>>> After you update .po file you must recompile .mo file. If you have
>>> PHP with gettext support, translations are read from binary .mo
>>> files. If I remember correctly, PoEdit has menu option which compiles
>>> translation. In some cases you must restart web service after you
>>> recompile translations.
>>>
>>> If recompilation of .mo files does not fix the issue, you should show
>>>  where exactly this "Add to Addressbook" text is displayed and show
>>> your squirrelmail.po file.
>>
>> I tried to manipulate the files
>>
>> \locale\de_DE\LC_MESSAGES\squirrelmail.po and
>> \plugins\notes\locale\notes.po
>>
>> Poedit compiles the .mo files automaticaly.
>>
>> Some strings can be changed (e.G. "Unthread View" of the overview
>> frame) other not (e.G. "Select the IMAP commands you would like to run.
>> " of the IMAP server information Plugin or the "Rewrap" Button of the
>> compose screen). Can someone tell me why? I understood, that SM takes
>> the translations first from the Plugin's local folder, second from the
>> local folder of SM and last from the squirrelmail.po file. Is this
>> correct?
>>
> No. Strings are taken only from one place. Plugins bundled with standard
> SquirrelMail package get strings from
> locale/*/LC_MESSAGES/squirrelmail.mo and
> locale/*/LC_MESSAGES/squirrelmail.po. Plugins not bundled with
> SquirrelMail can be coded to use locale/*/LC_MESSAGES/plugin-name.po|mo
> files or plugins/plugin-name/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES/plugin-name.po|mo. Some
>  plugins are written incorrectly and use squirrelmail domain instead of
> their own. These plugins must be fixed.

Thank you, this helps a lot.

> Check SquirrelMail translation statistics
> (http://l10n-stats.squirrelmail.org/SM-1_4_18/de_DE/index.php). If plugin
>  is in squirrelmail section, translations are stored in
> locale/*/LC_MESSAGES/. If it is in plugins, translations are in
> plugins/plugin-name/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES. If plugin is in extra section,
> translation is broken.

I checked the list linked above to download the po files for all of my
plugins.
For the notes plugin it worked fine (btw. there is 1 mistranslating.
"Notes" will be "Notizen" not "Notiz", if you like, you can find the
updated file http://vasiliadis.de/sm/notes.po and
http://vasiliadis.de/sm//notes.mo).
I startet with the add_adress Plugin. After several tries I found, that
the strings are hardcoded in plugins\add_address\functions.php.
I fixed it to my users by hardcoding it in german, but this won't help
anybody else...
Is there anything I can do to help to get this problem solved?

> "Select the IMAP commands ..." string is not translatable. info plugin is
>  only partially translated. This plugin is for testing and developers.
> Your users don't need it.
I know this, but it was untranslatet in sm.po and i knew where to look, so
I tried this one :-)
But, if it is untranslatable, why put the sting in the po file?

> Thomas Vasiliadis.de wrote:
>>
>> I tried to copy the notes.mo in the following folders:
>> \plugins\notes\locale \plugins\notes\locale\de_DE
>> \locale\de_DE\LC_MESSAGES no result.
>>
>> I tried to enclose both po and mo files, but the mail was not checked
>> by an administrator by now, so I send this mail without the files. If
>> someone would like to see this files or use the notes file to update
>> the translation pool, I will send the needet files to your emailadress.
>>

> notes.po and notes.mo should be stored in
> plugins\notes\locale\de_DE\LC_MESSAGES.
>
> Please don't send SquirrelMail translations to my email address. I am not
>  SquirrelMail developer. You can host files on your own server or use
> some public file sharing services or use SquirrelMail bug tracker and
> post only links in your emails.
>
> Rewrap string comes not from SquirrelMail itself or notes plugin. It
> comes from rewrap plugin. Plugin stores German translations in
> plugins/rewrap/locale/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES/rewrap.po|mo.
Well, I have no rewrap plugin installed. This Button came from the
compose_extras Plugin, the strings are also hardcoded in the
functions.php.