Re: Squirrel Mail issues with large inboxes

On Wed, June 24, 2009 5:25 pm, Paul Lesniewski wrote:
>>> FWIW, I use a large number of filters. Turning them off significantly
>>> speeds up inbox load time. But, increases my wasted
>>> human-sorting time
>>> :-)
>>>
>>> Do you use a lot of message filters?
>>
>> I have a lot of filters, but I put them on the server using procmail,
>> so
>> my inbox loads quickly. I know the Squirrelmail filters are for
>> individual users, but are they for users without OS-level access?
>
> Sure, of course they are (they're merely filters embedded in the mail
> client).  So are server side filters too (procmail, maildrop, etc.),
> especially if you have an interface for them to edit such filters.

I run my own server, so if anyone wants a procmail recipe written, I do
it for them. They are pretty easy at the basic level. The more advanced
ones don't come out of my head very easily. I have to look things up...

Thanks for your response.

>> I've never implemented the SQM filtering.
>>
>> It's nice to know that doing so slows down INBOX parsing... I think
>> I'll
>> keep using procmail on the server.

---
Karl Pearson
Karlp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Owner/Administrator of the sites at
http://ourldsfamily.com
---
"To mess up your Linux PC, you have to really work at it;
 to mess up a microsoft PC you just have to work on it."
---
 Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have
 for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
 --Benjamin Franklin
---