Re: Problem with re-installing squirrelmail 1.4.3a with PHP 4.0.6

> I have for several years been running Squirrelmail 1.4.3a on an RAQ550
> with PHP 4.0.6, no problems whatsoever during either operation or
> original installation.

Except all the known security holes.  ;-)

> This server is now showing faulty-disk symptoms, so I am moving
> everything to an identical RAQ550 with the same software, or so it's
> supposed to be at least. So PHP is still 4.0.6 (and has to remain that
> way for reasons of other SW packages).
>
> Here my problems start. I make a clean installation of squirrelmail
> 1.4.3a, actually using the same zipped package as last time and things
> do not work whether I run the config stuff again or simply copy the
> config files from the old server. I can get the login page OK, but
> trying to login I get a timeout and the following error message:

> Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
> /home/.sites/75/site8/web/webmail/functions/attachment_common.php on line 38
>
> Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in
> /home/.sites/75/site8/web/webmail/functions/file_prefs.php on line 61
>
> Since all else is identical one could suspect the PHP version, but for
> both servers "php -v" gives 4.0.6. And all else is identical (or is at
> least supposed to be), so what could be wrong?
>

> I'll be happy to supply more data if needed, I have only included things
> that really differ from now.

Honestly, you are asking for support for a version that is over four
years old now.  I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not too
motivated to go dig around to see if you're hitting some bug that was
fixed perhaps in 1.4.4 or later.  If you really are stuck with PHP
4.0.6, then you might need to start paying someone to maintain all
your aging software, since the rest of the world has long moved on.
Note that 1.4.4 I think is still compatible with PHP 4.0.6, I don't
remember when we made the change to 4.1.0 officially.  You should
start by upgrading to at least 1.4.4.  Sorry,

Paul