Re: Random Logouts

Roland Fritz wrote:
> Hi Mick,
>

>> Paul Lesniewski wrote:

>> Squirrelmail version: 1.4.9a
>> Installed Plugins: None
>> PHP version: 4.3.9-3.22.9
>> Web Server version: Apache 2.0.52-38.ent.centos4
>> IMAP version: uw-imap 2004g
>> SMTP version: Sendmail 8.13.1-3.2.el4
>> OS: CentOS 4.6 (for i386)
>> Installation Method: Installed manually i.e. from tar.gz file
>> Browsers Tried: Internet Explorer 7
>>
>> with regards to any error mesages:  That's the exasperating thing: There
>> is nothing in either the mail logs, the web server logs or the secure
>> logs to indicate why this problem occurred.  All that I have to go on is
>> that while running tail on the mail log, after logging in, for every
>> operation thats performed, e.g. going into the Inbox or reading an email
>> etc, uw-imap logs an associated login and immediate logout.
>>
>> Now this particular Squirrelmail installation belongs to a customer of
>> ours and when he goes to read an email, or after composing an email,
>> clicks on send, then sometimes - and at random it seems - he finds
>> himself immediately back at the login screen.
>>
>> To date, after 30 minutes of clicking around in that same Squirrelmail
>> account, neither I, nor the customer's web developer are able to
>> reproduce the problem.  Any ideas would be *greatly* appreciated as this
>> behaviour is (understandably) driving our customer nuts (pun intended ;)).
>>

> Maybe a good start would be installing the actual version 1.4.13 (+patch
> if sending mail doesn't work - see list archives) oder 1.4.14svn (patch
> already included). Second check the browser for cookie options, maybe
> there's something wrong on his side, try another browser,...
>
> Greetings
> Roland.
>
> ----
> Roland Fritz

Hi Roland.

Thanks for your reply.  I'll definitely be upgrading Squirrelmail soon,
but seeing as none of our other customers who use the same version of
Squirrelmail on the server (as well as on our other servers) have
complained about the problem (plus myself and the customer's web
developer were both unable to replicate the problem when logged into the
actual Squirrelmail user account),  I would really like to get to the
bottom of this problem first if possible.  I could suggest that the
customer use another browser, but I doubt if it will help.  I'll give it
a try if all else fails of course.

Cheers,
Mick.