Re: Random Logouts

Hi Mick,

> Paul Lesniewski wrote:
>> On Jan 24, 2008 3:51 AM, Mick <asurfer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> Quick question:  Would anybody know of a reason where Squirrelmail
>>> would
>>> randomly log a user out during a session? These logouts, when they
>>> occur, sometimes happen when clicking on an email in order to read it
>>> and at other times, when "Send" is clicked on after an email has been
>>> composed.

> Squirrelmail version: 1.4.9a
> Installed Plugins: None
> PHP version: 4.3.9-3.22.9
> Web Server version: Apache 2.0.52-38.ent.centos4
> IMAP version: uw-imap 2004g
> SMTP version: Sendmail 8.13.1-3.2.el4
> OS: CentOS 4.6 (for i386)
> Installation Method: Installed manually i.e. from tar.gz file
> Browsers Tried: Internet Explorer 7
>
> with regards to any error mesages:  That's the exasperating thing: There
> is nothing in either the mail logs, the web server logs or the secure
> logs to indicate why this problem occurred.  All that I have to go on is
> that while running tail on the mail log, after logging in, for every
> operation thats performed, e.g. going into the Inbox or reading an email
> etc, uw-imap logs an associated login and immediate logout.
>
> Now this particular Squirrelmail installation belongs to a customer of
> ours and when he goes to read an email, or after composing an email,
> clicks on send, then sometimes - and at random it seems - he finds
> himself immediately back at the login screen.
>
> To date, after 30 minutes of clicking around in that same Squirrelmail
> account, neither I, nor the customer's web developer are able to
> reproduce the problem.  Any ideas would be *greatly* appreciated as this
> behaviour is (understandably) driving our customer nuts (pun intended ;)).

Maybe a good start would be installing the actual version 1.4.13 (+patch
if sending mail doesn't work - see list archives) oder 1.4.14svn (patch
already included). Second check the browser for cookie options, maybe
there's something wrong on his side, try another browser,...

Greetings
Roland.

----
Roland Fritz