Re: Random Logouts

Paul Lesniewski wrote:
> On Jan 24, 2008 3:51 AM, Mick <asurfer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> Quick question:  Would anybody know of a reason where Squirrelmail would
>> randomly log a user out during a session? These logouts, when they
>> occur, sometimes happen when clicking on an email in order to read it
>> and at other times, when "Send" is clicked on after an email has been
>> composed.

Hi Paul.

Ok.

Squirrelmail version: 1.4.9a
Installed Plugins: None
PHP version: 4.3.9-3.22.9
Web Server version: Apache 2.0.52-38.ent.centos4
IMAP version: uw-imap 2004g
SMTP version: Sendmail 8.13.1-3.2.el4
OS: CentOS 4.6 (for i386)
Installation Method: Installed manually i.e. from tar.gz file
Browsers Tried: Internet Explorer 7

with regards to any error mesages:  That's the exasperating thing: There
is nothing in either the mail logs, the web server logs or the secure
logs to indicate why this problem occurred.  All that I have to go on is
that while running tail on the mail log, after logging in, for every
operation thats performed, e.g. going into the Inbox or reading an email
etc, uw-imap logs an associated login and immediate logout.

Now this particular Squirrelmail installation belongs to a customer of
ours and when he goes to read an email, or after composing an email,
clicks on send, then sometimes - and at random it seems - he finds
himself immediately back at the login screen.

To date, after 30 minutes of clicking around in that same Squirrelmail
account, neither I, nor the customer's web developer are able to
reproduce the problem.  Any ideas would be *greatly* appreciated as this
behaviour is (understandably) driving our customer nuts (pun intended ;)).

Cheers,
Mick.