Re: squirrelmail can't read plugin configurations

PLEASE READ the mailing list posting guidelines.  Replies should never
go offlist and top posting is not acceptable, thank you.

> >> I am fairly new with squirellmail but have encounterd a
> >>problem I can't
> >> resolve by myself.
> >> I configured all as I wished (including change_sqlpass,
> >>calendar plugins),
> >> then i tried
> >> to add the spam_buttons plugin so that users can learn
> >>spam and ham.
> >> From there on the trouble begins.
> >> Squirellmail is now not anymore able to read the
> >>setup.php for the plugins.
> >> what i tried:
> >> - removing spam_buttons plugin -> no effect, error for
> >>another plugin like
> >> ERROR: You have enabled the spam_buttons plugin but I
> >>cannot read its
> >> setup.php file.
> >> - reinstalling (using apt-get on debian) -> with no
> >>plugins selected it
> >> works perfect, otherwise
> >> same error as above
> >> - even chmod 777 does not work (httpd runs as www-data,
> >>files belong to
> >> root)
> >
> > chmod 777 on WHAT exactly? You should NEVER need to do
> >this. Your
> > problem, as indicated by the error you showed above, is
> >that the
> > config.php file for the spam_buttons plugin is
> >unreadable (or does not
> > exist). The next logical step is to find that file and
> >figure out
> > what's wrong with it. Did you read and follow that
> >plugin's INSTALL
> > document completely? If so, show the config file
> >listing in the
> > plugin directory.
>
> i made chmod 777 on the config files because I first thought it is a
> permission error.
> SquirrelMail configtest says that all is OK except all(!) setup.php files
> from installed plugins cannot be read. If i enable change_sqlpass,
> spam_buttons and compatibility it looks like this:
>
>     ERROR: You have enabled the spam_buttons plugin but I cannot read its
> setup.php file.
>
>     ERROR: You have enabled the change_sqlpass plugin but I cannot read its
> setup.php file.
>
>     ERROR: You have enabled the compatibility plugin but I cannot read its
> setup.php file.
>
> all other (data dir, attachement dir, php extensions) are ok, and if I
> disable all plugins i can
>
> work with SM normaly, otherwise it hangs after typing in my username and
> pass.
>
> I read all INSTALL files and i also patched when required (for example for
> spam_buttons).
>
> It is really strange for me.
>
> Here is for example the content of the change_sqlpass setup.php:<?php

No one asked for the setup.php file.  I asked you to show the
directory listing for the configuration file(s) in question.  You
should also read the mailing list posting guidelines to see what PHP
is telling you about why the files cannot be accessed.  If you want to
be thorough here, show the full directory listing for the plugins in
question, but the setup.php files have nothing to do with the issue.