Re: spam button plugin and locale

Paul Lesniewski wrote:
> On Nov 16, 2007 3:52 PM, Lenny Shovsky <lenny@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Paul Lesniewski wrote:

>>> Who is "producing" this error is unclear to me.  You need to re-read
>>> the posting guidelines (see bottom of every message on this list) and
>>> post more system details, plugin configuration changes, as well as an
>>> exact description of how when and where this is produced (and the
>>> exact text, if it is different (or more) than what you have here).

>> Thanks for your reply. I got passed that problem by adding some NAM
>> locales to the system, including UTF, so it must've been the web server
>> producing these, although it was definitely initiated by the plugin.
>>  I checked the logs and found no prior history of this.
>>
>> However, things aren't 100% working yet.
>> I got it to report beautifully via spamc with 1.5.1 release I've been
>> testing, but with 1.4.11 I only get an empty page upon login.
>
> 1.5.1 is not supported.  If you want to use development code, please
> download 1.5.2SVN (snapshot is fine).  For blank pages, please read
> the posting guidelines as I already asked, or do a little looking
> around:
>
> http://squirrelmail.org/wiki/BlankPage
>
> You should also run src/configtest.php for more help
>
>> compatibility plugin is the same latest version in both releases - 2.0.9
>> and spam button plugin configuration is identical too.
>>
>> Call to undefined function get_current_hook_name() in
>> /squirrelmail-1.4.11/plugins/spam_buttons/functions.php on line 540,
>> referer: https://mail.yu.edu/src/left_main.php
>
> Sounds to me like you didn't read and follow the INSTALL file for the
> compatibility plugin.  Make sure to apply its patch.

You're right Paul. Running the patch command from compatibility plugin's
readme did the trick. That's one plugin I never bothered to look at in
detail, thinking it was just there, for compatibility reasons, just like
the name implies :).
  I can't be the only one, so I'd suggest posting a note that source
code modification is required for this plugin in its release notes !!
I wonder if other things I just deemed broken overtime were dependent on
that too ( and I've been using SM for many years on many systems :).

E-mail me your paypal account address or amazon book wish and address
( doesn't have to be mysql/php :)  It's a very useful plugin, thanks a
lot.

Lenny