Re: logs me out when sending mail.

>>> php modules:
>>> core prefork http_core mod_so mod_auth_basic mod_auth_digest
>>> mod_authn_file mod_authn_alias mod_authn_anon mod_authn_dbm
>>> mod_authn_default mod_authz_host mod_authz_user mod_authz_owner
>>> mod_authz_groupfile mod_authz_dbm mod_authz_default util_ldap
>>> mod_authnz_ldap mod_include mod_log_config mod_logio mod_env
>>> mod_ext_filter mod_mime_magic mod_expires mod_deflate mod_headers
>>> mod_usertrack mod_setenvif mod_mime mod_dav mod_status mod_autoindex
>>> mod_info mod_dav_fs mod_vhost_alias mod_negotiation mod_dir
>>> mod_actions mod_speling mod_userdir mod_alias mod_rewrite mod_proxy
>>> mod_proxy_balancer mod_proxy_ftp mod_proxy_http mod_proxy_connect
>>> mod_cache mod_suexec mod_disk_cache mod_file_cache mod_mem_cache
>>> mod_cgi mod_perl mod_php5 mod_proxy_ajp mod_python mod_ssl
>>
>> This is list of apache modules. Check your php.ini for extension and
>> zend_extension lines and check your PHP ./configure line in phpinfo()
>> output (http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/TestPHPSettings) or configure
>> line in your source rpm or in used php build script.
>>
>>> SquirrelMail Plugins
>>>
>>>      1. folder_sizes			v1.4
>>>      2. calendar			distro
>>>      3. newmail				v2.1
>>>      4. compatibility			v2.0.2
>>>      5. notes				v1.1
>>>      6. block_sender		v2.02
>>>      7. change_pass		v2.6-1.4.x
>>>      8. smallcal				v0.8
>>>      9. abook_take			v1.3
>>>      10. squirrelspell		distro
>>>      11. yelp				v1.0
>>>      12. abook_import_export	v0.9
>>>      13. delete_move_next		v3.0
>>>      14. select_range			v2.5
>>>      15. archive_mail			v1.2
>>>      16. unsafe_image_rules	v0.7
>>>      17. attachment_tnef			v0.70
>>>      18. html_mail				v2.3-1.4
>>>      19. check_quota			v1.4
>>
>> Could you check if issue disappears if html_mail plugin is disabled.
>>
>>> and using the default php session settings. The session directory
>>> specified in php.ini exists and has sessions.
>>>
>>> Everything works perfect and fast, with the exception of the
>>> occasional logout problem when sending email. Maybe a Sendmail
>>> setting?
>>
>> Nope. Sendmail setting is not related to sessions.
>>
>> Could you explain "Logout"? Are you redirected to page with "you
>> must be
>> logged to access this page"? Or maybe it is some IMAP error and
>> logout is
>> only last executed IMAP command? If you enter
>> http://your-server/squirrelmail/src/webmail.php url in browser after
>> logout error, can you use interface without entering user name and
>> password?
>
> Turning off that plugin didn't help.
>
> When it happens, the right pane sends me to the "you must be logged
> in" page. I have to login again to see my mail.
>
> Disabling the html plugin didn't make a difference.
>
> I currently trying with Apache's KeepAlive on to see if that makes a
> difference.

> [...]

Could you also make sure that issues are not caused by outdated
compatibility plugin. Please note that compatibility v.2 is active even
when it is not enabled in SquirrelMail configuration.

Could you try turning off use of Sent folder. Sent messages won't be
saved, but it would eliminate possible issues with IMAP service.

Apache has nothing to do with it. Something breaks your PHP session
information or cookies. It is not PHP cache, not suhosin and not other
zend extension, because I don't see them in phpinfo(). I don't see strange
things in session configuration. In order to diagnose things you should
find why session information is not available after redirection is made in
src/compose.php. Issue can be diagnosed by tracing code execution in
compose.php and reading all http headers. It is some quirk caused by your
plugin combination, your modifications or used PHP version. SquirrelMail
developers can't diagnose it, if they can't reproduce it.

Try reproducing it in standard SquirrelMail 1.4.10a setup without any
enabled plugins. Try reproducing it on other Redhat machine or standard
PHP compilation on test machine. Compare working and broken setups. I
wouldn't change Apache configuration before making sure that PHP setups
are identical. SquirrelMail usually does not care about used web service.

In my case (php 5.2.0 debian) dovecot imap service sometimes locks up. It
usually causes some imap error or white page. But my test setup is on
workstation and dovecot might be breaking because network connection is
not available when dovecot service is started.

--
Tomas