Re: SSL Squirrelmail through Reverse Proxy (Pound)

Daniel Watts wrote:
> Paul Lesniewski wrote:

>>> Really? How do they rework it?
>> Most people (I hope) use $config_location_base
>>
>> You might be able to use it too if there is some header you can look
>> at.  In the config.php file, you could try something like:
>>
>> $config_location_base = (!empty($_SERVER['WHATEVER']) &&
>> $_SERVER['WHATEVER'] == 'HTTPS' ? 'https://example.org/webmail' : '');
>>

> Thank you - I'll give this a go. We've actually found out that Pounds
> does have internal intelligent http->https rewriting where it realises
> that a location redirect is going to an http page within the same domain
> and it rewrites the response to be https. Not had much actually getting
> that working but will try that first and, if that fails, try to get
> things working at the application (Squirrelmail) level.
>
> Thanks Paul.
> Daniel

For completeness - if anyone is looking to do the same we found our
problem was we were running from a chroot but had forgotten to copy in
the dns files (resolv.conf) so the proxy couldn't do any lookups to
determine whether it should rewrite or not.

Works mostly great but a few actions cause it to render the page with
http:// links.

eg:
Sending a message
Emptying Trash
Create Folder

So looking now to see if get_location can be made to be psychic =)
And/or that displayPageHeader function...

Dan

Looking at the get_location