Re: SSL Squirrelmail through Reverse Proxy (Pound)

Paul Lesniewski wrote:
> On 6/28/07, Daniel W <d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Paul Lesniewski wrote:

>>> If SM has no information about SSL a connection, you simply cannot
>>> expect it to do anything but what it is doing.

>>> Most people do that.
>> Really? How do they rework it?
>
> Most people (I hope) use $config_location_base
>
> You might be able to use it too if there is some header you can look
> at.  In the config.php file, you could try something like:
>
> $config_location_base = (!empty($_SERVER['WHATEVER']) &&
> $_SERVER['WHATEVER'] == 'HTTPS' ? 'https://example.org/webmail' : '');

Thank you - I'll give this a go. We've actually found out that Pounds
does have internal intelligent http->https rewriting where it realises
that a location redirect is going to an http page within the same domain
and it rewrites the response to be https. Not had much actually getting
that working but will try that first and, if that fails, try to get
things working at the application (Squirrelmail) level.

Thanks Paul.
Daniel