Re: Problems with "subject threading"

William R. Mussatto wrote:

>>> opps!
>>> Installed plugin with $fp_forced_settings as above.
>>> in SM conf file turned on: allow server thread sort. Following error was
>>> generated.
>>> ----------
>>> ERROR : Bad or malformed request.
>>> Query: THREAD ORDEREDSUBJECT ISO-8859-1 ALL
>>> Server responded: Error in IMAP command UID: ORDEREDSUBJECT threading is
>>> currently not supported.
>>> -----------
>>> Turned off allow server thread sort but did not remove plugin and the
>>> error went away.
>>> --General options:
>>> 5.  Usernames in Lowercase      : false
>>> 6.  Allow use of priority       : true
>>> 7.  Hide SM attributions        : true
>>> 8.  Allow use of receipts       : true
>>> 9.  Allow editing of identity   : true/true
>>> 10. Allow server thread sort    : false
>>> 11. Allow server-side sorting   : true
>>> 12. Allow server charset search : true
>>> 13. Enable UID support          : true
>>>
>>> looks like its the dovecot version: sarge is using  0.99.14-1 and the
>>> other person is running on 1.0RC7. <sigh>  Thanks. I'll keep this in
>>> mind
>>> for when we upgrade dovecot.
>>
>> According to SquirrelMail functions/imap_messages.php, if sort_by_ref is
>> set to 1, SquirrelMail should use THREAD REFERENCES and not THREAD
>> ORDEREDSUBJECT
>>
> More interestingness, I turned the AllowServerThread Sort back to faulse
> and saved it.  SM started acting unstable.  I  finally pulled the forced
> pref pulgin out using the conf.pl but had to restart dovecot to get it to
> recoginze logins.  imap proxy was reporting that dovecot was not
> answering. I'm not sure what is going on, particularly if it shouldn't
> even be seeing Thread OrderdSubject.  I'll do more testing on a test box
> (I thought this was going to be easy so I had done it on the live box..bad
> idea). Thanks. Will let you know if I can figure out more. I had turned on
> the debugger but it didn't generate any output.

Hi William - did you get any further with this? We seem to get the
ORDEREDSUBJECT error a lot as well - although it seems intermittant
since we use threading all the time ourselves.

Dovecot is 1.0beta9
Squirrelmail is 1.4.8

Configs:
$allow_thread_sort        = true;
$allow_server_sort        = true;
Enable Thread Sort by References Header: Yes
[still don't know what that really means]

Daniel