Problems with "subject threading"

Hello

I'm using squirrelmail 1.4.8-1, with dovecot 1.0.rc7-1 on a Debian etch system.

On the squirrelmail-configure (config.pl), section "General Option",
I've enabled "Allow server thread sort" and "Allow server-side
sorting".

In my account it works, but there is a user that it doesn't work. When
she selects the option to sort by subject, she gets the message:

Erro: Pedido errado ou mal formado.
Requisição: THREAD ORDEREDSUBJECT ISO-8859-1 ALL
Resposta do servidor: Error in IMAP command UID: ORDEREDSUBJECT threading
is currently not supported.

(Sorry the messages are in Portuguese, but i believe that you can get
the general idea).

I've snooped arround and found that if i change "thread_INBOX=1" in
her .pref file to "thread_INBOX=0", then she stops seeing the error.

I've tried with my .pref file and if the value is 1 it still works,
I've checked and there are other users with the setting to 1 and they
can see their mail, so my guess is that something is terribly wrong in
the preferences of this particular user, so I'm sending it to you so
that maybe you can see something:

chosen_theme=../themes/default_theme.php
show_html_default=0
javascript_on=0
hililist=a:0:{}
sort=6
javascript_setting=0
delete_move_next_t=off
delete_move_next_formATtop=off
delete_move_next_b=on
delete_move_next_formATbottom=on
archivefilenames=6
archiveattachments=1
archivetype=0
archiveent=1
spamcop_method=web_form
thread_INBOX=0
order1=1
order2=2
order3=5
order4=3
order5=4
show_full_date=0
include_self_reply_all=0
attachment_common_show_images=1
html_mail_aggressive_reply_with_unsafe_images=0
html_mail_aggressive_reply=0
compose_window_type=html
pf_cleandisplay=0
sort_by_ref=0