Re: Problems with "subject threading"

Tomas Kuliavas said:

>>> Check SquirrelMail Options -> Display Preferences -> Enable Thread Sort
>>> by
>>> References Header:
>>>
>>> force 'sort_by_ref=1' setting on all user accounts.
>>> force sort_by_ref=1
>>>
>> Ok I'm dense, I'll admit it, how do I force sort_by_ref=1.
>> I'm running 1.4.4 (debian sarge).
>
> http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=220
>
> $fp_forced_settings = array(
>     'sort_by_ref' => '1'
> );

opps!
Installed plugin with $fp_forced_settings as above.
in SM conf file turned on: allow server thread sort. Following error was
generated.
----------
ERROR : Bad or malformed request.
Query: THREAD ORDEREDSUBJECT ISO-8859-1 ALL
Server responded: Error in IMAP command UID: ORDEREDSUBJECT threading is
currently not supported.
-----------
Turned off allow server thread sort but did not remove plugin and the
error went away.
--General options:
5.  Usernames in Lowercase      : false
6.  Allow use of priority       : true
7.  Hide SM attributions        : true
8.  Allow use of receipts       : true
9.  Allow editing of identity   : true/true
10. Allow server thread sort    : false
11. Allow server-side sorting   : true
12. Allow server charset search : true
13. Enable UID support          : true

looks like its the dovecot version: sarge is using  0.99.14-1 and the
other person is running on 1.0RC7. <sigh>  Thanks. I'll keep this in mind
for when we upgrade dovecot.

-------

William R. Mussatto, Senior Systems Engineer
http://www.csz.com
Ph. 909-920-9154 ext. 27
FAX. 909-608-7061