Re: international character sets

Dear Tom,

>> I am using the latest stable version of SM. In the config.php file I set
>> the character set as UTF-8 because I need to be able to read and reply
>> emails written in languages such as Chinese, French or Russian.
>>
>> So far Russian emails are displayed just as set of question marks. I
>> haven't yet tried others but maybe someone would be kind enough to point
>> me in the right direction?
>
> If you can't view Russian emails, check email headers. Look for
> MIME-Version,
> Content-Type and Content-Transfer-Encoding headers. I think you are
> testing only
> broken Russian form mails. If all headers are present - make sure that you
> pass
> configtest.php checks without error messages or notices and show those
> headers.

I have taken a look at the header. It seems basically OK. Correct me if I
am wrong:

I have even installed custom_charset plugin and set it to UTF-8 but to no
avail. You did mention though that I need a library with PHP to handle
Russian characters. What library do I need?

Thank you very much!

Zbigniew Szalbot