Re: international character sets

forgot about this standard violation. Contact people that created thisemail. 8bit symbols are not allowed in email headers. They MUST be encodedin Q or B encoding. RFC 2047 (http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2047.html). Someservers will refuse to accept emails that violate RFCs or will corruptsuch emails. In email default charset in us-ascii. 7bit character setwithout Russian, Chinese or French symbols with diacritics. Only somemainsteam OSes with bundled browser and email client think that defaultemail character set depends on selected locale.
> I have even installed custom_charset plugin and set it to UTF-8 but to no> avail.
Custom charset plugin is active only when user selects 'English "Customcharset"' translation in Display preferences. It is useful only when youwant to provide user level options to control default interface characterset.
> You did mention though that I need a library with PHP to handle> Russian characters.
You don't need extra decoding library to handle Russian emails.
Я помню чудное мгновенье:Передо мной явилась ты,Как мимолетное виденье,Как гений чистой красоты.

> What library do I need?
You will need extra decoding library in order to read CJK (Chinese,Japanese, Korean) emails that are written not in utf-8. Seehttp://www.squirrelmail.org/download.phpMinimal SquirrelMal requirements are PHP session and pcre extension. Ifextra decoding library scripts are installed, use of PHP recode(http://www.php.net/recode) extension is strongly recommended.

-- Tomas
-------------------------------------------------------------------------Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of ITJoin SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share youropinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys - and earn cashhttp://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV--squirrelmail-users mailing listPosting Guidelines: http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/MailingListPostingGuidelinesList Address: squirrelmail-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Archives: http://news.gmane.org/thread.php?group=gmane.mail.squirrelmail.userList Archives:  http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=2995List Info: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/squirrelmail-users