international character sets

Hello,

I am using the latest stable version of SM. In the config.php file I set
the character set as UTF-8 because I need to be able to read and reply to
emails written in languages such as Chinese, French or Russian.

So far Russian emails are displayed just as set of question marks. I
haven't yet tried others but maybe someone would be kind enough to point
me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Warm regards,

--