Re: SquirrelMail suddenly painfully slow and often "page not found" errors - something wrong on server?

On Mon, September 25, 2006 11:15 am, Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
clip clip clip
>> Please give me some idea of what the problem could be, or what to
>> check, or what server config/admin I should ask the web host tech
>> support to check. Thanks for any help.
>
> 1. man top. Check apache processes.
>
> 2. Make sure that cpanel updates haven't turned off server side sorting in
> SquirrelMail

Please explain 2. above. specifically how do you verify server side sorting. What is
cpanel?

> 3. Make sure that dns and indent services work on web server. uw checks
> client's reverse dns address and indent by default.

I think you mean ident services, not indent. But again, what checks specifically are
you looking for.

> 4. Check session directory usage

Check it for what? One one has a result, what can be done with it?

> 5. If you use imapproxy, check proxy debugging options.

When would one run an imap proxy? How and why would you do that?

--
Paul A. Franz, P.E.
PAF Consulting Engineers