Re: SquirrelMail suddenly painfully slow and often "page not found" errors - something wrong on server?

> SquirrelMail 1.4.6
> PHP 4.4.4
> UWIMAPD (IMAP4rev1 2004.357-cpanel)
> Apache 1.3.37
> CentOS 4.4
> Our webserver runs as nobody.
> IMAP Server Address: 127.0.0.1
>
> Many plugins, including: Auto Complete; Folder Synch; Select Range; etc.
> I ran configtest, and it reports: "Congratulations, your SquirrelMail
> setup looks fine to me!"
>
> My SquirrelMail has become so painfully slow that it is often
> unusable, and often it fails and displays "page not found" error pages
> in the folder list frame, the message list frame, or both frames.
>
> SquirrelMail was fine before about 3 or 4 weeks ago, and I have made
> no changes to SquirrelMail in that time. I rent space on a shared web
> server, and I'm sure there have been changes to the server config in
> that time. However, the server loads are normal and the support guys
> can't find anything to explain the SM slowness.
>
> The problem is not with any individual mail account. This problem
> exists no matter which mail account I use.
>
> Please give me some idea of what the problem could be, or what to
> check, or what server config/admin I should ask the web host tech
> support to check. Thanks for any help.

1. man top. Check apache processes.

2. Make sure that cpanel updates haven't turned off server side sorting in
SquirrelMail

3. Make sure that dns and indent services work on web server. uw checks
client's reverse dns address and indent by default.

4. Check session directory usage

5. If you use imapproxy, check proxy debugging options.

--
Tomas