Re: secure_login plugin problem

On 7/31/06, Ernst-Magne Vindal <ernst@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> -version
> >> inn
> >> is
> >> like:

> >> think.

> >> just
> >> the 404 error.

> >> URI.
> >>  In fact, you say that the URI is correct, so the 404
> >> means the plugin is buggy?  The config file is telling you that setting is
> >> ONLY
> >> for use when you host SSL for virtual domains "on top" of a single domain,
> >> which
> >> you have made NO indication of whatsoever. First thing you need to do before
> >> using this plugin is make sure you can take your regular SM URI and replace
> >> the
> >> "http" with "https" and put that manually in your address bar.
> >>  I wouldn't be surprised if you are unable to do so.
> >> >

> >> Sorry for my poor english and explenation, but I found a solution.

> >> http://vindal.com/webmail

> >> I don't know where it's misconfigured, but I'm unable to redirect a virtual
> >> host
> >> to ssl and still keeping the url.
> >> I have virtual host "webmail". From internal net I only type "webmail" in the
> >> browser, external it's webmail.vindal.com.
> >> If I redirect using .htaccess or config the virtual host, I redirect to
> >> vindal.com/webmail, then I get the https://vindal.com/webmail.
> >> Not really a problem, I just wanted to keep the url as webmail.vindal.com with
> >> ssl or not...
> >
> > You still show no reason why you need that setting.  You need to
> > remove it and then figure out why your Apache configuration is not
> > working with the correctly generated URI from the plugin.
> >

> No, don't know the reason. In short, without that setting, I got a blank page,
> no error but correct url.

The URI is correct and that is EXACTLY why you need to remove that
setting.  The fact that the correct URI gives you a bad page is not a
problem with SquirrelMail, it is one in your Apache configuration.  If
you continue to try to correct an Apache problem by using an
inappropriate PHP application configuration, OF COURSE it won't work
right.

> With it, I got my sqmail and logged in but url was ofcause wrong.
>
> So again, don't have a clue why. That was some of the problem I was wondering
> about, but forget it.
> I have removed the plugin and use mod_Rewrite in apache to do it.
>
> Not solved, but I got a solution to force ssl permanent.

Arguably a better solution.