Re: secure_login plugin problem

On Mon, July 31, 2006 2:37, Paul Lesniewski said:
> On 7/30/06, Ernst-Magne Vindal <ernst@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> kernel
>> use
>> only one certificate for apache and the plugin is configured to do this.
>> igjen? Klikk her" ("Log back in").
>> was
>> redirected to http://webmail.vindal.com/src/login.php.
>> added
>> https://vindal.com/vindal.com/webmail/src/login.php.
>> and
>> then again when logging off.
>> >
>> > You mis-read the description for $allVirtualDomainsUnderOneSSLHost I think.
>> Clear out that setting unless you have a reason to use it.
>> >
>> Nop, don't think so. And I think so....
>> Because:
>> if I remove that setting, I get the correct url but no page is diplayed, just
the 404 error.

> 404 error has nothing to do with whether or not you host your SSL off one URI.
 In fact, you say that the URI is correct, so the 404
> probably means your Apache/SSL config is wrong.  Why do you think that this
means the plugin is buggy?  The config file is telling you that setting is ONLY
for use when you host SSL for virtual domains "on top" of a single domain, which
you have made NO indication of whatsoever. First thing you need to do before
using this plugin is make sure you can take your regular SM URI and replace the
"http" with "https" and put that manually in your address bar.
 I wouldn't be surprised if you are unable to do so.

Sorry for my poor english and explenation, but I found a solution.

http://vindal.com/webmail
>> ordinary http redirection to ssl is working fine.
>> So good people, what am I missing here?

>> back to

> List Archives:
> http://news.gmane.org/thread.php?group=gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user List

I don't know where it's misconfigured, but I'm unable to redirect a virtual host
to ssl and still keeping the url.
I have virtual host "webmail". From internal net I only type "webmail" in the
browser, external it's webmail.vindal.com.
If I redirect using .htaccess or config the virtual host, I redirect to
vindal.com/webmail, then I get the https://vindal.com/webmail.
Not really a problem, I just wanted to keep the url as webmail.vindal.com with
ssl or not...

Then I don't need the secure_login plugin. And I dont think I said it was buggy,
just that I had problem with it....

anyhow, thanks
--
/ernst-magne

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert
Einstein)