Re: secure_login plugin problem

On Mon, July 31, 2006 21:02, Paul Lesniewski said:
>> -version
>> inn
>> is
>> like:

>> think.

>> just
>> the 404 error.
>> >
>> > 404 error has nothing to do with whether or not you host your SSL off one
>> URI.
>>  In fact, you say that the URI is correct, so the 404
>> > probably means your Apache/SSL config is wrong.  Why do you think that this
>> means the plugin is buggy?  The config file is telling you that setting is
>> ONLY
>> for use when you host SSL for virtual domains "on top" of a single domain,
>> which
>> you have made NO indication of whatsoever. First thing you need to do before
>> using this plugin is make sure you can take your regular SM URI and replace
>> the
>> "http" with "https" and put that manually in your address bar.
>>  I wouldn't be surprised if you are unable to do so.
>> >

>> Sorry for my poor english and explenation, but I found a solution.

>> http://vindal.com/webmail

>> I don't know where it's misconfigured, but I'm unable to redirect a virtual
>> host
>> to ssl and still keeping the url.
>> I have virtual host "webmail". From internal net I only type "webmail" in the
>> browser, external it's webmail.vindal.com.
>> If I redirect using .htaccess or config the virtual host, I redirect to
>> vindal.com/webmail, then I get the https://vindal.com/webmail.
>> Not really a problem, I just wanted to keep the url as webmail.vindal.com with
>> ssl or not...
>
> You still show no reason why you need that setting.  You need to
> remove it and then figure out why your Apache configuration is not
> working with the correctly generated URI from the plugin.

No, don't know the reason. In short, without that setting, I got a blank page,
no error but correct url.
With it, I got my sqmail and logged in but url was ofcause wrong.

So again, don't have a clue why. That was some of the problem I was wondering
about, but forget it.
I have removed the plugin and use mod_Rewrite in apache to do it.

Not solved, but I got a solution to force ssl permanent.

Thanks

and please dont To or CC me, I'm subscribed to the list and read it, thanks.
--
/ernst-magne

(Albert Einstein)