Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: merging mono files

On 2016-12-16 02:47, Dr. Mark Bugeja MD wrote:
> Hurrah!!!!!! I found /*AudioMove*/ amongst my programs and it worked
> beautifully converting all my releases in less than 3 minutes all 1611
> files!

I take it you mean: https://public.msli.com/lcs/audiomove/ ?

That looks useful, especially as I see that apart from its use via a
GUI, it can be
controlled from 'the commandline' so scripts can use it if they wish to.

I guess you're probably happier with GUI-based tools, but one of the big
reasons why
I like commandline (or CLI as it's often abbreviated, meaning Command
Line Interface)
tools is that by keeping a copy of the commands I used to do something,
I implicitly
get full documentation of the processes I went through.

It's much harder to write "what I did" notes if you have to describe
what you clicked
on and where you dragged things...  As I learn more about manipulating
audio files on
a computer (I have been making location recordings, mainly of classical
music, for
almost 40 years) I sometimes want to go back to recordings I worked on
before and try
to manipulate them differently from last time.  I need the detailed
notes to know how
I did it last time (& indeed I also have detailed notes about venues, eg
how I placed
mics, which mics I used, why I chose them, what I think I could do
better next time I
record in that place, and so on).

Computer-wise I do have the advantage of a degree in Computing & a
working life spent
programming things, but none of that was audio or on PCs.

> So Mission Accomplished (well - almost)..... definitely from the
> merging point of view.
>
> Thanks to all, especially you Jeremy, once again.... and whoever
> created this marvellous piece of software. It sure saved my day.

It was a pleasure.

One last, small thing.  You might notice that when I reply to you I
usually
chop out of my reply stuff that needn't be there.  You'll see that most
of
us do that.  If you keep posting here, it would be good if you did the
same.

For example, I've deleted all of the copy of my original email that you
quoted,
because I already know what I wrote earlier and so does anyone else who
is
reading this conversation.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own