Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: merging mono files

Hi, I have asked a GrandOrgue guru who has helped many times in the past and himself a sampleset creator. I sent him my main files and releases and he discovered that the issue lies in the fact with the releases, in that, for some strange mysterious reason, are saved as "Wave_ Format_Extensible (Wavex)" whilst the main files are in "Wave_Format_PCM". The latter is the correct format. This is the first time I ever came across this. I am still waiting for a reply as to how he managed to extract this information!

Now for the next step: it's not so much understanding what Wavex is but what software sports and supports this feature. All software I have used so far identify one type of wav format only. No choice. No options to select other than other formats like aiff, aa3, ac3, vox, wma, wmv, mp3, flac, ogg, etc etc!

Mark

On 15/12/2016 10:31, Jeremy Nicoll - ml sox users wrote:
On 2016-12-14 09:50, Dr. Mark Bugeja MD wrote:
Would it help to provide 2 samples, one from an instrument known to
work and another, a file merged with the script? I have no idea how to
compare them other than opening them up in a software like soundforge
and seeing what the properties of each show? It seems there is some
kind of information within these files (?header) that is relied upon
by GrandOrgue and needs to be somehow corrected. Otherwise the merged
files are what they ought to be - stereo, 24bit and 48kHz.

If this can help before I go through with anything else then here is
the link:

https://mega.nz/#!IZQwFByQ!oZCDk6Qh_xSq_DvC3mKBJCVRO726cvAFCULMHWFNhNY

The files are clearly labelled as to which is which.
Can you:
   - make a safety copy of the seems-ok stereo file so the original one
does
     not get changed

   - make a reverse stereo copy of it (ie the audio data should remain
the same
     but left will be on the right, and right on the left), by:

     C:\>"path\to\sox\sox.exe" "seems-ok-file.wav"
"seems-ok-reversed.wav" remix 2 1

   - then find out if the reversed by sox seems-ok file can load into SO
without
     an error

   - then re-reverse it, so

     C:\>"path\to\sox\sox.exe" "seems-ok-reversed.wav"
"seems-ok-reversedagain.wav" remix 2 1

     and test that (which should audio-wise) be the same as the original
one.

Can you then put the reversed and reversedagain files online somewhere
for me to download.

I'm sorry, but I think it won't be until later tonight before I have an
opportunity to look
at this in more detail.

Avast logo