Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: merging mono files

On 2016-12-14 09:50, Dr. Mark Bugeja MD wrote:
> Would it help to provide 2 samples, one from an instrument known to
> work and another, a file merged with the script? I have no idea how to
> compare them other than opening them up in a software like soundforge
> and seeing what the properties of each show? It seems there is some
> kind of information within these files (?header) that is relied upon
> by GrandOrgue and needs to be somehow corrected. Otherwise the merged
> files are what they ought to be - stereo, 24bit and 48kHz.
>
> If this can help before I go through with anything else then here is
> the link:
>
> https://mega.nz/#!IZQwFByQ!oZCDk6Qh_xSq_DvC3mKBJCVRO726cvAFCULMHWFNhNY
>
> The files are clearly labelled as to which is which.

Can you:
   - make a safety copy of the seems-ok stereo file so the original one
does
     not get changed

   - make a reverse stereo copy of it (ie the audio data should remain
the same
     but left will be on the right, and right on the left), by:

     C:\>"path\to\sox\sox.exe" "seems-ok-file.wav"
"seems-ok-reversed.wav" remix 2 1

   - then find out if the reversed by sox seems-ok file can load into SO
without
     an error

   - then re-reverse it, so

     C:\>"path\to\sox\sox.exe" "seems-ok-reversed.wav"
"seems-ok-reversedagain.wav" remix 2 1

     and test that (which should audio-wise) be the same as the original
one.

Can you then put the reversed and reversedagain files online somewhere
for me to download.

I'm sorry, but I think it won't be until later tonight before I have an
opportunity to look
at this in more detail.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own