Re: Rollback issue: a proposal

Gonzalo,

>> comment inline.

>>> see the reference to RFC 3261 in the draft regarding atomicity.
>>
>>                A                 B
>> INVITE/200/ACK <----------------->
>>   Contact: A1
>> reINVITE/18x   <----------------->
>>   Contact: A2
>> UPDATE/200     <----------------->
>>   Contact: A3
>> 4xx/ACK        <----------------->
>>
>> You say that A's Contact(local target) is rolled back to A1.
>> Is this right?
>
>yes.

I thought most had agreed that there will be a rollback to the
"last committed state".

Even if UPDATE had no offer, was A's Contact rolled back to A1 ?

>> Therefore, I think that "removing the precondition" is not allowed.
>> Is this wrong?
>
>the precondition phase is over. The preconditions were already met. All
>you are doing is indicating that the stream is in use in the most
>backwards compatible way we have.

But your interpretation is not written explicitly.
I think this is an another issue and cause new interoperability problems.

Do both Session Refresh Request and hold-SDP have no precondition attributes ?

Regards,
Shinji