Re: Rollback issue: a proposal

Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Hi,
>
>> IMO, it is not correct that "a 200 (OK) response to the re-INVITE
>> would accept the latest target refresh". Because 200 response is
>> returned by not Contact but Via header, 200 is unrelated to the
>> Contact of the UPDATE request.
>
>you should read the paragraph above. It explains that the change has
>already been implicitly accepted. All the 200 OK to the re-INVITE does
>is formally accept the change. That is, this paragraph just clarifies
>that the state after the 200 OK to the re-INVITE does not change. The
>target continues to be the one the UPDATE request updated before.

I have understood that the target continues to be use.
the change has already been explicitly accepted by 200 to UPDATE.
If re-INVITE rejected, I think, it doesn't influence the remote
target. That is, in this case, 200 to re-INVITE is unrelated to
the remote target.
that's just wording.

>>> 5.  UAC Behavior
>>>   so that the session can continue.  This new offer/answer exchange
>>>   should contain the minimum set of changes needed to continue the
>>>   session in order to minimize the chances of the UAS rejecting it as
>>>   well.
>>
>> "the minimum set" I think is,
>> as if all o/a exchange had been done by UPDATE, UAC should
>> revert to the pre-INVITE state.
>
>That paragraph deals with the case where the UAC *cannot* revert to the
>pre-INVITE state for some reason.

Sorry, it is the behavior of "the UAC *cannot* revert".
I said the behavior of "the UAC *can* revert".
But I think that "the UAC *can* revert" need to send an
UPDATE request too.

>> RFC3312 restrick downgrading the desired strength.
>> IMO "removing the precondition" is equal to downgrading
>> the desired strength, isn't it?
>
>No, the semantics of an m line without preconditions are clear in SDP.
>It means that the stream is established. This is what all UAs without
>support for preconditions continuously do.

Does RFC3312 or 4566 says that ?
Give me the pointer of the semantics, please.