Re: Rollback issue: a proposal

Gonzalo,

comment inline.

>> If re-INVITE rejected, I think, it doesn't influence the remote
>> target.
>
>see the reference to RFC 3261 in the draft regarding atomicity.

               A                 B
INVITE/200/ACK <----------------->
  Contact: A1
reINVITE/18x   <----------------->
  Contact: A2
UPDATE/200     <----------------->
  Contact: A3
4xx/ACK        <----------------->

You say that A's Contact(local target) is rolled back to A1.
Is this right?

>> But I think that "the UAC *can* revert" need to send an
>> UPDATE request too.
>
>yes, it is probably a good idea to send an UPDATE anyway to make sure
>both ends are in synch. We may want to add that to the draft.
>
>>> No, the semantics of an m line without preconditions are clear in SDP.
>>> It means that the stream is established. This is what all UAs without
>>> support for preconditions continuously do.
>>
>> Does RFC3312 or 4566 says that ?
>> Give me the pointer of the semantics, please.
>
>Read the SDP spec and the offer/answer specs (nothing related to
>preconditions) and see what they way about m lines.

RFC3312
5.1 Generating an offer
   With the transaction status table, the user agent MUST generate the
   current-status and the desired status lines, following the syntax of
   Section 4 and the rules described below in Section 5.1.1.

5.2 Generating an Answer
   between two consecutive offer/answer exchanges.  Therefore, both user
   agents MUST keep their local status tables up to date, using local
   information throughout the duration of the session.

Therefore, I think that "removing the precondition" is not allowed.
Is this wrong?

Regards,
Shinji