Re: Context settings after ssh login

>   On 10/25/2010 12:57 AM, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
>> On 10/25/2010 12:09 AM, imsand@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>> Hi Justin.
>>>
>>> First of all, thanks a lot for your efforts.
>>
>> youre welcome!!
>>> Unfortunately I'm a little bit confused about what you've done exactly
>>> make it run.
>>> Can you please summarize it and make a little step by step guide for
>>> me?
>>
>> I can try, but maybe later on another post(a bit late over here.)
>>> Did selinux worked out of the box (on sles11.1)? Didn't had you have to
>>> fix the bug in /lib/mkinitrd/scripts/boot-boot.sh and rebuild initrd?
>>
>> long story short, installed sles11.1, changed the repos to download
>> git-core
>> then changed repos to download the rest of the packages to build the
>> latest Mainline kernel
>> (make, make modules_install)
On my installation I took the original kernel, shipped with sles11.1. I
don't want to compile a new one unless it's strongly recommended. Why
don't you use the original kernel and packages of sles11.1?
>> then after that, installed all the SELinux packages, rebooted realized
>> even though this system is
>> using sysvinit the policy still wont load without an initrd(must be
>> because my other systems have
>> _nothing_ of the sort with initrd in them(*.h)or something, so ended
>> up using mkinitrd_setup to make the image
>> so the policy can load..

Okey. I also had to rebuild initrd with the adjustments I already described.
>> Then once loaded made sure the home directory was labelled correctly,
>> as well as other
>> areas that I've seen issues with, then just started the sshd..with the
>> other machine with SELinux,
>> and the iphone(touchterm ssh(free))..
>>
>>> which package have you build with --with-selinux and the --with-pam?
I did't rebuild any packages. Do I have to recomple some packages with
these options? I just took the original versions, shipped with sles 11.1.
>> this was on my cblfs system.. I just built this(all gnome etc..)and
>> didnt realize that I had
>> built this wrong until I looked at config.log of the package and
>> noticed I messd up..
>>
>> after that things went good..(from over here sles11.1 sshd looks built
>> fine, maybe this is config issues..,
>> only issue I noticed is getsebool/setsebool are missing, so just do:
>> mv /etc/initscript{,-old}
>> to avoid problems during boot, or define the init_upstart boolean in
>> boolean.conf.)
I set the init_upstart boolean.

>>> which policy did you used?http://oss.tresys.com/git/refpolicy.git?
>>>

>> yep... I follow track
I can't compile the latest refpolicy version from git. make conf results
in: doc/policy.xml:604: element module: validity error : Element module
content does not follow the DTD, expecting (summary , desc? , required? ,
(interface | template)* , (bool | tunable)*), got ()

but the latest release from
(http://oss.tresys.com/files/refpolicy/refpolicy-2.20100524.tar.bz2) is
working..