Re: Context settings after ssh login

 On 10/26/2010 01:27 AM, imsand@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
   On 10/25/2010 12:57 AM, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
On 10/25/2010 12:09 AM, imsand@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Justin.

First of all, thanks a lot for your efforts.
youre welcome!!
Unfortunately I'm a little bit confused about what you've done exactly
make it run.
Can you please summarize it and make a little step by step guide for
me?
I can try, but maybe later on another post(a bit late over here.)
Did selinux worked out of the box (on sles11.1)? Didn't had you have to
fix the bug in /lib/mkinitrd/scripts/boot-boot.sh and rebuild initrd?
long story short, installed sles11.1, changed the repos to download
git-core
then changed repos to download the rest of the packages to build the
latest Mainline kernel
(make, make modules_install)
On my installation I took the original kernel, shipped with sles11.1. I
don't want to compile a new one unless it's strongly recommended. Why
don't you use the original kernel and packages of sles11.1?

The only way I have access through internet is through the wireless..and most distros dont have my wireless driver...(and of course nvidia module as well for a proper looking screen)
so I use a copy of a good revision kernel to get online, pull, then build...

then after that, installed all the SELinux packages, rebooted realized
even though this system is
using sysvinit the policy still wont load without an initrd(must be
because my other systems have
_nothing_ of the sort with initrd in them(*.h)or something, so ended
up using mkinitrd_setup to make the image
so the policy can load..

Okey. I also had to rebuild initrd with the adjustments I already described.

cool... yeah you need the image, or else the policy will not load
Then once loaded made sure the home directory was labelled correctly,
as well as other
areas that I've seen issues with, then just started the sshd..with the
other machine with SELinux,
and the iphone(touchterm ssh(free))..

which package have you build with --with-selinux and the --with-pam?
I did't rebuild any packages. Do I have to recomple some packages with
these options? I just took the original versions, shipped with sles 11.1.

I think the sshd package is good, but I did notice I couldnt find getsebool/setsebool to change a boolean
(either it's in /usr/share/man or somewhere else)
this was on my cblfs system.. I just built this(all gnome etc..)and
didnt realize that I had
built this wrong until I looked at config.log of the package and
noticed I messd up..

after that things went good..(from over here sles11.1 sshd looks built
fine, maybe this is config issues..,
only issue I noticed is getsebool/setsebool are missing, so just do:
mv /etc/initscript{,-old}
to avoid problems during boot, or define the init_upstart boolean in
boolean.conf.)
I set the init_upstart boolean.

yeah but without setsebool you cant change that...(just rename /etc/initscript and/or
modify booleans.conf)
which policy did you used?http://oss.tresys.com/git/refpolicy.git?

yep... I follow track
I can't compile the latest refpolicy version from git. make conf results
in: doc/policy.xml:604: element module: validity error : Element module
content does not follow the DTD, expecting (summary , desc? , required? ,
(interface | template)* , (bool | tunable)*), got ()

thats a first I've seen.. I get errors as well something about /tmp/seusers etc.. I just delete and pull git until it works..(biggest pain in the a** are these compile errors
that dont need to happen)

but the latest release from
(http://oss.tresys.com/files/refpolicy/refpolicy-2.20100524.tar.bz2) is
working..