Re: installing a second gcc on the same machine

Without dubt, i agreed with your opinion:it could not be otherwise. Perhaps but it is the case to bring back in this mailing list, that who  discusses mostly in this days and  believes nell' rpm it is  part in wide part of the rpm5.org team.

But this is carrying beyond
what was asked and it is not help  to who  placed the question in this thread in first place.

Best Regards

Elia

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 2:41 AM, Michael Jennings <mej@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday, 11 June 2008, at 22:47:43 (+0200),
devzero2000 wrote:

> Something as "--badreloc" force someone to think that the rpm
> package manager is evil

The "bad" in "badreloc" refers to the packaging, not the package
manager.  It simply means that the packager did not account for such a
relocation being a possibility; this may be intentional or
unintentional.

> ad i don't think this (look at this
> http://www.germane-software.com/~ser/Files/Essays/RPM_Hell.html

While RPM certainly has its flaws, the ignorance displayed in this
essay explains about 95% of the complaints it contains.  I could
respond point by point to all the false claims, misunderstandings,
etc. this person wrote, but I can't invest that much time into
something that would probably fall on deaf ears anyway.

But I don't think the name of the option implies that RPM is evil, nor
do I think that the ignorance of some users invalidates the
technology.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <mej@xxxxxxxxx>