Re: installing a second gcc on the same machine

On Wednesday, 11 June 2008, at 22:47:43 (+0200),
devzero2000 wrote:

> Something as "--badreloc" force someone to think that the rpm
> package manager is evil

The "bad" in "badreloc" refers to the packaging, not the package
manager.  It simply means that the packager did not account for such a
relocation being a possibility; this may be intentional or
unintentional.

> ad i don't think this (look at this
> http://www.germane-software.com/~ser/Files/Essays/RPM_Hell.html

While RPM certainly has its flaws, the ignorance displayed in this
essay explains about 95% of the complaints it contains.  I could
respond point by point to all the false claims, misunderstandings,
etc. this person wrote, but I can't invest that much time into
something that would probably fall on deaf ears anyway.

But I don't think the name of the option implies that RPM is evil, nor
do I think that the ignorance of some users invalidates the
technology.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <mej@xxxxxxxxx>