Re: Parameter passing between %pre and %post section

Lis Maria wrote:
> Yes you are right. I am checking for the existence of a file in the %pre
> section and setting a counter which will be used in further processing in
> the %post section. This file contains some sql statements which will be
> executed/skipped depending on the counter value in the %post section after
> additional files have been copied by the %install section.

I am sure that you mean something other than the %install section
because the rpm %install runs at package creation time and not at
package install time.

> Currently I am writing this counter to a temporary file in %pre and reading
> it in %post and then deleting the temporary file containing the counter.

I think that is probably the best that you can do.  Often I have seen
packages move files to special names and later if those special named
files exist they do something with them.  If you are careful with
filesystem permissions then I think you are okay with what you are
doing there.

Bob