Re: Parameter passing between %pre and %post section

Hi,

Thanks for your mail.

I am basically trying to set a flag in the %pre section which is used in the %post section to perform some activities.
Currently I have writtent the entry to a temporary file and am reading that file in the %post section. This, I understand is not an elegant one. is there someway through which we cans etup a macro in the pre section and access it elsewhere/

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Lis Thomas

On 8/8/07, Bob Proulx <bob@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Lis Maria wrote:
> I am trying to set a variable with some value in the %pre section, and I am
> trying to access the variable in the %post setion but cannot.

As you have discovered that won't work.  The %pre and %post sections
are two different scripts each executed at different stages in the
install process.  Because they are different scripts any variables set
in one won't be available in the other.

> Is there any possible way for passing variables between %pre and
> %post section ?

Not directly no.

Could you say a few words about what you are trying to do?

Bob