Re: .spec file for multiple target distros

On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 12:03:30PM +1000, John Pye wrote:
> I should say that although I've made a few RPMs I'm not as
> experienced as you guys clearly are. For example, I'm not clear on
> the use of a web counter that you're talking about. Are you talking
> about that as a build-time counter or some sort, or something that
> happens at install time?
>
> I wanted to clear up the reason for my original question -- perhaps
> it has a bearing on this. I've got a package which builds using gcc
> and gfortran. [...]

> This probably seems like insanity to you guys: what's the right way out?

I've met that insanity, use conditionals in the sepcfile like for
instance

%bcond_without gfortran

Check out http://dl.atrpms.net/all/fftw.spec for example code. It's
not 100% what you want to do, but stul similar (choosing between
gfortran and g77).

Then build for fc5 as usual, and for non-gfortran systems like fc4 use

rpmbuild --without gfortran ...

Don't abuse disttags for that, that's what upsets Jeff (and he's right
about that).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net