Re: .spec file for multiple target distros

On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 01:11:49PM -0400, Jeff Johnson wrote:
> >Let's settle on stylistic differences :=)
>
> Let's not.

Then let's settle on "me right, you wrong".

Seriously Jeff, it works, and the alternative of having web-counters
just isn't. Why haven't we package monkeys used a web-counter? Are we
that stupid? Obviously you think so.

The point is that rpm (or deb) packaging just has its limits. Within
these limits we try to make the best. And in this case, it's using
disttags and not a web-counter, sorry.

If you redesign rpm-5 or rpm-ng to drop epochs, address disttags vs
source-tags, let rpm make coffee and heal the world, we'll be all
hailing to the new order, but until then we need to sail our ships to
the other side of the ocean w/o them sinking and w/o waiting for the
ocean to dry to get to the other side.

Enough said, I'll go have my bananas.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net