Re: "#include" equivalent in spec files?

...and creates a new, independent, unversioned copy of these macros in
every SRPM you create or build.  Or that anyone else builds.  That's
even worse than putting them in the spec file.

I'm not sure how using this method prevents me from keeping the macros under a version control system. I'm also not sure how the copy of the macros in the SRPM is any more "independent" than the actual source code files in the SRPM.