Re: "#include" equivalent in spec files?

I think it's poor form to make some random macro package a requirement to rebuild an RPM.

I did just discover the %{expand: } macro (which is amazingly undocumented), which seems to almost do what I want, but it's ignoring conditionals, which seems to be a known issue, based on a post to the list in December '03.

So if anyone can provide insight on how to workaround %expand's failing to parse conditions, that would be great, or if there's some analog to %expand which does an actual 'eval' instead of parsing line by line.

-Jon