Re: [RFH] Managing the rpm/{SPECS,SOURCES} namespace

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 10:41:46AM -0500, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

> Yes, I can see how that is useful. BTW, now that you've mentioned
> it, do you use any scripts/docs for rebuilding that are publically
> available? Any instructions on how to bootstrap the build process
> from the .src.rpm's?

The bottom line is the rpmbuild command you already used and I also
always use the --target flag, either with i386 or in some cases (kernel
and glibc) also with i686, athlon, etc.  When rebuilding a src.rpm,
use --rebuild with the src.rpm i.s.o. specifying a spec file.

There is no "bootstrap" needed, as long as you have a working
bootstrap system (you have FC3 and RHEL3 rebuilders use a public
beta).  For RHEL3, there is the problem that not everything build
at the first run and you have to install some generated packages
first, before building others.  When rebuilding a completely
available distro, this should not be the case.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos@xxxxxx>